Sunday 26 June 2016

Q & A with Liz Keel

Enlightenment
The Driel Trilogy Book 1
by Liz Keel
Joemel Requeza (Illustrator)

After losing everything, all seventeen-year-old Thea wanted was to be a normal teenager. Instead, she was attacked by a mysterious creature she thought only existed in fairy tales. Now thrown into the unknown realm of Faey, Thea is forced to determine the difference between reality and fantasy, in a world ruled by a dark elite and a society wracked by intolerance and preju After losing everything, all seventeen-year-old Thea wanted was to be a normal teenager. Instead, she was attacked by a mysterious creature she thought only existed in fairy tales. Now thrown into the unknown realm of Faey, Thea is forced to determine the difference between reality and fantasy, in a world ruled by a dark elite and a society wracked by intolerance and prejudice.

With the support of her new friends and a mysterious dark haired, blue-eyed guardian watching her every move, Thea will discover that when it comes to Faey, nothing is what it seems. Will her courage and desire to save this new world from darkness be enough? Or will Thea be the next victim to fall to the dark whispers of fate...

Kindle Edition, 190 pages
Published April 18th 2016 by Fire Quill Publishing

Find it on Goodreads

Amazon   Barnes & Noble

Read It & Reap: 
January 10, 2017




I live in Surrey, England, with my husband, Richard, and our two children.

For me, writing is nothing short of an addiction and I love to catch up with my characters and continue their story.
I’m currently writing the third book in the Driel trilogy - End Games, and have lots of other stories I want to write, so watch this space!

In-between writing, I LOVE to read. Anything YA & NA fantasy, paranormal, sci-fi and romance are all firm favourites of mine.

It is such a privilege to share my stories with you the reader. Thank you enough for taking the time to find out more about me.


Q & A with Liz Keel

1. Tell us a little bit about your main characters.
The main protagonist is a seventeen year old girl called Thea whose life is turned upside-down when she’s thrust into the unknown world of faey. Being forced to determine the difference between reality and fantasy would be enough of a challenge for even the strongest of individuals to face, however she soon finds the world she’s entered is ruled by a dark elite causing their society to be wracked by intolerance and prejudice. Thea tries to handle all the life throws at her with strength and grace and finds support from those around her including Eli and Isaac, her trusted guardians who would give up their lives for her.

Minen, the adversary, is one twisted individual. Totally obsessed with his elitist ways, his cruelty knows no bounds and is something Thea must face time and time again.

2. Who designs the covers for your books and what is that process like for you as an author?
An illustrator called Joemel Requeza who is brilliant! He totally took my thoughts and ramblings and made Thea come to life, so much so when I first ‘met’ Thea, it was like looking back at the exact same person who had been in my head talking to me for the past two years. It is certainly surreal seeing your characters staring right back at you!

3. Describe your ideal writing spot.
Definitely the summer house in my garden a.k.a ‘the writing shack’. It’s quiet and secluded. Night time is also very influential in my writing as there are no distractions, just the darkness around me which helps me get immersed in the stories I’m writing.

4. What is the best advice you have been given?
Whatever life throws at you, never give up on your dreams. I think in today’s society with all the crazy things that are happening, as well as in our personal lives, you have to remain true to yourself and what you believe in.

5. As a child, what did you want to be when you grew up?

A teacher and I’m still one now! Currently I teach five and six year olds who are like sponges, absorbing everything you say and I have to say it’s one of the best jobs in the world – watching young children achieve their potential is so rewarding.

6. Which do you prefer: hard/paperbacks or ebooks?
This one is a battle I’m still having with my husband to this day! I’ve always been a hard core fan of paperbacks – the smell and feel of a book can’t be beaten. But then he bought me a kindle for my birthday, trying to convince me it was the way forward and a more practical option, especially considering how much I read and how quickly. I have to say I see what he means; being able to purchase a book at any time of the day or night and not wait for delivery, or a bookstore to be open, is brilliant although it isn’t helping my book addiction lol! So getting back to the question - which one is best? Eerr…! I still can’t decide and would say any reader probably needs both in their life.

7. If you could have any supernatural power, what would you choose and why?
Oooh! Definitely flying! How cool would that be?! To go where you want, when you want and with no restrictions!

8. What book are you reading now?
The Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard and although I’ve just started, I’m enjoying the fast pace and intriguing characters.



No comments:

Post a Comment