Taste the Heat by Rachel Harris

Taste the Heat (Love and Games, #1)Taste the Heat by Rachel Harris
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

What would you do if you had the chance at a no strings attached fling with your childhood crush?

In Taste the Heat we meet Colby and Jason. Colby is your classic heartbroken female who has had it with men, specifically cheating men. She realizes her heart won't be able handle another disappointment, so she decides just not to fall in love again…ever. Easy, right? Colby is a lot of fun as a female lead. She is independent with a successful career that she loves, she has great family support, and she is not afraid to go after what she wants - and that would be, of course, Jason. Jason is everything every girl dreams of. You totally cannot blame Colby for her childhood-turned-adulthood crush. I have a huge crush on him myself! Jason is the perfect guy…sweet, smart, fun, independent, caring, sexy as hell, and brave (a fireman whoot whoot!). But all that aside, here's what really made me (and Colby) fall for him…rather than the typical bad boy love-um-and-leave-um type of sexiness, Jason oozes his own brand of sexy called fatherhood. Raising his daughter on his own brings out a whole other side to him that you just cannot ignore.

Rachel Harris has quickly made it to the top of my favorite authors list. Her easy writing style and quirky, fun characters makes for a super fun (and super sexy!) story. I read the second book in this series before this first one, so I knew how this was going to end, but believe me when I say that didn't make the story any less fun. I'm looking forward to book three in this scorching series.


View all my reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Less Warlock by Judith Post

Q & A with Christina Weigand

Book Beginnings: The Song of Achilles by Madeline Miller