Beautiful Creatures by Kami Garcia

Beautiful Creatures (Caster Chronicles, #1)Beautiful Creatures by Kami Garcia
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I had put off reading this book for a while, I think just because it seemed like your typical young adult romance story. Turns out, it was so much more and so much better. The story is told through the eyes of Ethan, your typical small town teenage boy. He plays sports, has a group of friends he hangs out with, and tries to figure out teenage girls. He is pretty much an all-American boy. Except he dreams of this girl. All the time. And then she shows up at school. And she's been dreaming of him, too. Through each page in the story we get a little more insight into Ethan's character, and really, he's just a great guy. He's smart, most definitely lovable, loyal, and determined. Lena is quite intriguing. She is dark and mysterious and tries to keep Ethan out of her life for reasons Ethan cannot understand. It turns out, though, that Lena is not the only one with secrets. In fact, everyone in the small town Ethan has lived in his whole life is keeping them.

I loved the writing in the book. It was so descriptive and beautifully done in a way that you were able to put yourself right in the story. I am interested to find out more about Lena's background and family.

I listened to the audio of this one. The narration was done very well. I really liked the voice of Kevin Collins for Ethan. I also really enjoyed that we got music with the songs, though it was a bit creepy. That's something you could not get from reading the book.

View all my reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Less Warlock by Judith Post

Q & A with Christina Weigand

Book Beginnings: The Song of Achilles by Madeline Miller