On the Prowl by Patricia Briggs

On the ProwlOn the Prowl by Patricia Briggs
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I specifically read this book for the short story "Alpha & Omega" by Patricia Briggs. I have read and enjoyed Briggs' Mercy Thompson series, so I was very pleasantly surprised that instead of this being a whole new series is was a spin of the Mercy Thompson books. I really do not get into short stories very much, but this one I enjoyed because I already knew all about the wolf pack dynamics and got to see a little about what was behind Charles. I had always wondered about him in the MT books. I cannot wait to get to the rest of the Alpha & Omega series!

The other three stories in this book (Inhuman by Eileen Wilks, Buying Trouble by Karen Chance, and Mona Lisa Betwinning by Sunny) were okay, but if it weren't for the Briggs story in the book, I would have never even bothered with them. This book was my first experience reading Wilks and Chance, and they might be something I would read again. I've read another short story by Sunny before, and I was not very impressed with either of them.


View all my reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Less Warlock by Judith Post

Q & A with Christina Weigand

Book Beginnings: The Song of Achilles by Madeline Miller