Sunday 9 September 2012

Firefly Lane by Kristin Hannah

Firefly Lane Firefly Lane by Kristin Hannah
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I listened to the audio book of Firefly Lane.

Firefly Lane is a novel about two girls, Tully and Kate, who become best friends despite their many differences. They meet when they are just 14 years old. Tully, the popular one, and Kate, the geeky one, both are secretly jealous of the other, wishing they had what the other one did. The novel takes us through their adolescence to adulthood, sharing with us memories, both good and bad, and how their friendship develops over the span of years, through thick and thin.

I honestly did not expect to like this book as much as I did. The author does a great job in getting into the character's heads. We do not get overloaded with unnecessary information, but she is still able to bring them to life and share their hopes, dreams, and insecurities in such a way that makes you fall in love with them. I loved that this book spanned so many years, and during each phase of the girls' lives there were references to pop culture, clothing descriptions, etc., that really brought the story to life.

This is a coming of age story of friendship, hardship, choices, and ultimately following your heart. This was my first Kristin Hannah novel, and I will definitely be reading more of her books.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment