Envy by J.R. Ward

Envy (The Fallen Angels, #3)Envy by J.R. Ward
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

The third book in the Fallen Angel series was just as good as the first two. I love how the author is able to take the characters and make them into people for you. I think she does a good job at making likeable characters. I have absolutely loved Jim Heron from the beginning. He has a very dark past but has a very large heart.

In this book I loved Veck and Reilly and their intense but rocky relationship. Veck makes an interesting and lovable character, being haunted by the history of his father, with so much to overcome in order to make himself a separate identity, which is obviously hard for him to do when his father's deeds follow him everywhere.

The only thing I did not like about this book was all the slang writing. I know that is the author's style (I am a fan and have read all of her other books as well), but it seemed to be especially thick in this book, like she was just trying way too hard at it. I hope she is able to balance it better in the next book to make the reading smoother and more natural.


View all my reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Less Warlock by Judith Post

Q & A with Christina Weigand

Book Beginnings: The Song of Achilles by Madeline Miller